We are looking for a Freelance Racial-Wellness workshop Coordinator to help run and facilitate our year long virtual Racial Wellness and Transculutral Therapy Workshops for the Black- British Community. This role will be remote and will require someone who can work independently.
Person Specification :
- Good communication skills
- IT skills including use of Zoom and Social media platforms
- Literacy – ability to draft clear and comprehensive statements and other documents
- Research Skills – including good knowledge of African-Centered Psychology and good knowledge of similar organisations to BLAM UK working within the Black British Community
- Well organised and good document management
- Ability to manage and prioritise work load and manage diaries
- Ability to work effectively as part of a small team and independently
- Understanding of, and commitment to, the aims and values of BLAM UK
- Commitment to challenging injustice and understanding the Black experience.
- Commitment to equal opportunities and understanding of the racial trauma of the Black community due to ongoing oppression and discrimination, as well as the experience of those subject to intersecting forms of oppression.
- Must be able to facilitate workshop every Saturday from 11am-1pm.
- Must work durning week for 5 hours ( Preferably a Wednesday)
- A Background in Psychology or Mental Health
Tasks- You will be in charge of liasing with our workshop facilitators and ensuring that the weekly zoom links are set up for participants.
- Creating Session summary packs to send out to participants at the end of each session.
- Using social media and other mediums of communication to ensure people can sign up to our 4-week course Racial wellness and Cultural Therapy workshops
- Carrying out tasks given by the Director to help ensure the workshops run effectively.
- Collecting feedback from participants at the end of each session.
Please send a CV and covering letter outlining how you are best suited for this role to firstname.lastname@example.org by the 11th August 2020. Interviews will be held on the 14th August 2020.
We are looking for always looking for Youth Project workers to join our ongoing projects on a voluntary basis. We will post here when we have paid roles as well.
Are you committed to ensuring Black British narratives are celebrated in schools across London?
Are you committed to racial justice and societal equity?
Join the BLAM team!
If you wish to apply, please send over your CV and a covering letter explaining your interest in any of our projects.
Please send this through to email@example.com.